POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions : Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 May 2003 14:53:57
Message: <3eb6b345@news.povray.org>
In article <3eb6acc2$1@news.povray.org> , "Jaap Frank" <jjf### [at] xs4allnl>
wrote:

> Because I need a high order interpolation and I don't want to throw away
> months of work, I've decided to build a binary tree of function that contain
> all the array values. I estimate that it will come to around 40 thousand
> rather small functions.

Write the numbers to a PPM image.  Use multiple pixels, i.e. four pixels to
store numbers.  Then write a single function to build a number out of it
from a pattern.  Load the image as pattern and apply the function.  Now you
have an array, and it will be really fast and consume very little memory!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde